Coach Kim Landrum is teaming up with the Athens Clarke County Leisure Services department to offer a triathlon skills session mini-camp for kids. The camp is open to kids ages 8-12 and will meet at Bishop Park for a half day of swimming, biking, running, transition skills, triathlon history, games, fun, and more.
Participants will learn the fundamental skills of cycling, running and swimming, in addition to transitions, the history of triathlon, mental tactics, nutrition and hydration. Coaches will teach basic cycling skills such as mounts, dismounts, braking, cornering, group riding, and bike safety. We will also address proper running technique and work to improve endurance, speed, agility, balance and flexibility. Swim basics such as balance, breathing, body position and more will be addressed during the swim portion.
Participants must be able to swim and ride a bicycle, and must provide their own bicycle and helmet, bathing suit and appropriate running shoes. Please bring a water bottle and snack.
- Ages: 8-12
- Age Control Date: Child must be 8 years old prior to July 1, 2013
- Program Date: Monday-Friday: July 22-26
- Time: 9:00 a.m. – noon
- Fee: $65 ACC resident; $98 Non-resident
- Location: Bishop Park, 706-613-3589
- Registration: Begins Saturday, April 6 from 9:00 a.m. – noon for ACC residents at Bishop Park. Registration for non-residents begins Wednesday, April 10 at Bishop Park.