Training blocks are four or six week skills sessions designed to teach your child the basics of triathlon and build on strength, endurance, speed, and leadership. Sessions may include: wet and/or dry land swim instruction; running basics such as, agility, balance, endurance & speed sets; bike handling including mounting/dismounting, braking, cornering, riding in a group & general bike safety; dynamic stretching & neuromuscular exercises; transitions; nutrition; mental preparation; and equipment. In addition, our kids have fun!
Dream Team Triathlon team members are required to sign up for at least (2) training blocks during the 2013 season. Each location may have a different training block schedule and fees so please communicate with the appropriate coach for questions related to your training schedule.
We have tried our best to coordinate the training blocks with our proposed 2013 race schedule, school calendars for each area and major holidays. Training Blocks for the 2013 season will be announced in January.
There will (4) Training Blocks offered this season, (2) 4-week blocks and (2) 6-week blocks. Weekly training sessions will be offered Sunday afternoons for the first two blocks and Saturday mornings for the last two blocks. Weekly sessions will last 60-75:00 each. Session locations will rotate between Athens and Oconee schools, parks and other areas where we can ride and run safely. A reminder e-mail will be sent out on the Thursday prior to training with the location. 4-week training blocks are $65 for one child, $110 for two – third child is FREE. 6-week training blocks are $80 for one child, $140 for two and the third is free.
- Session 1: Sunday, March 3 through Sunday, March 24 (Youth from 2-3:00, Juniors from 3-4:00)
- Session 2: Sunday, April 14 through Sunday, May 26 (Youth from 2-3:00, Juniors from 3-4:00) *NO PRACTICE SUNDAY, MAY 19
- Session 3: Saturday, June 22 through Saturday, July 13 (Youth from 9-10:00, Juniors from 10-11:00)
- Session 4: Saturday, August 3 through Saturday, September 7 (Youth from 9-10:00, Juniors from 10-11:00)
Each session will occur on a Sunday afternoon from 3-4pm. Our goal is to vary the training locations for variety and to have fun in areas where we can ride and run safely. I will email the parents on Thursday prior to the session regarding the exact location and specifics. Weekly sessions will last 60-75 minutes each.
There will be four training blocks available: Two 4-week training blocks that are $65 for one child and $110 for two, one 5-week block that is $80 for one child and $140 for two, and one 6-week training block that is $95 for one child and $170 for two.
- Session 1: Sunday, March 3rd through Sunday, March 24th (4 week block)
- Session 2: Sunday, April 14th through Sunday, May 5th (4 week block)
- Session 3: Sunday, May 26th through Sunday June 30th (5 week block; No training on June 9th per the Peach Kids Gainesville race)
- Session 4: Sunday, July 14th through Sunday, September 1st (6 week training block; No training on August 3rd or August 25th per races)
There will (4) Training Blocks each consisting of five weeks. Weekly training sessions will be Saturday mornings at 8:30 a.m. and will last about an 1-1.5 hours each. Session locations will rotate between Savanah Rapids Pavilion and Evans Town Center, Greenway, and others. A reminder e-mail will be sent out on the Thursday prior to training with the location.
- Session 1: Saturday, March 2 through Saturday, March 30
- Session 2: Saturday, April 20 through Saturday, May 18
- Session 3: Saturday, June 8 through Saturday, July 6
- Session 4: Saturday, July 20 through Saturday, August 17